Thursday, March 16, 2006

Social Segregation

Galatians 3:28: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

Or we can change it slightly: "There is neither Townie nor Goth, there is neither Emo nor Sk8r, there is neither Chav nor Chavette: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." (Now thats brining the Bible into the 21st Century!)

I'm not a Chav, i'm not a Townie and nor am I a Goth. So what am i?

Thats the question i keep asking myself everyday (yes, i have a lonely life).
The problem is there seems to be so many social groups nowadays i don't know where i belong. (And lets not begin the discussion on what each one is)

I bet some of you ask yourself the same question. I seem to be lost, in a rift, maybe im just not keeping up with the times. Or maybe there should be a new group for me. Can call it 'Nutter'. But i hope your starting to see my point. In this world with Chav's, Townies, Goths i don't know where i belong. Everyone seems to be somewhere (well most). So someone tell me where i should be?

Also, whats the need for these now apparent social divides? What does it do. As far as I can see a Chav just wants to destroy, a Townie is just a wannabe Chav, a Goth wants every Chav to be his/her enemy, an Emo just wants to die (correct me if im wrong here folks, never too sure myself) and a Skater hates Chavs and.. well... Skates.

What happened to the days where a group of people could live together without being mortally divided? I see nothing wrong with people making various groups, it shows individuality, but when they turn on each other... can't help but think what have we become... and where am i in all this? The man in the middle, standing in the middle of the battlefield of the impending civil war.

Goodbye all.
Mark

site hit counter